SciaccheTrail, The Race – Hikers Paradise, is the top event for hiking lovers, It will open in March 2015 the great hiking season of Cinque Terre in the most spectacular way ever!
All nature and hiking fans are invited to gather for the BIG RACE on March 28 and 29, 2015.
With its 47 km. to hike, a circle from the sea to the hills and back to the sea again, the race will take all hikers to discover the very best of the entire trail net of the Cinque Terre National Park.
The race name is a happy union of “Sciacchetrà”, the name of the famous and delicious local dessert wine, and “Trail”.
SciaccheTrail will so lead all hikers to the discovery and celebration of a unique and blessed territory, where asperity and roughness are only a way to reach perfection and appreciation of Nature beauties.
Following videoclip, promoted by the Cinque Terre National Park, will make us dream of Cinque Terre and this amazing race. It wisely gives us glimpses of the ancient and hard way of winemaking typical of this land.
Let’s follow the trail summary through pictures:
– departure from the historic center of Monterosso.
– first ascent climbs the promontory of Punta Mesco, with a dominating view over the gulf of the Cinque Terre.
– a stretch of “up and down” single track to “Colle di Gritta” with views of the coastline to the southeast and also toward Levanto to the northwest.
– an old mule path to Soviore, the first sanctuary of the Cinque Terre (and one of the oldest).
– a short segment of asphalt to a single track through mediterranean shrub with breathtaking views over the sea to the Sanctuary of Reggio.
– from Reggio the path climbs, via Drignana, to the Alta Via (high path) of the Cinque Terre. The “Alta Via” offers the highest point of the SciaccheTrail, Monte Malpertuso, at 750 metres above sea level, and goes on to “Colle del Telegrafo”, the furthest point west of the trail.
– down to the Sanctuary of Montenero
– and then to Riomaggiore, the 1st village of the Cinque Terre hikers will meet.
– a steep stairway to the vineyards of Corniolo.
– a single track to the hamlet of Groppo, and inside the Cantina (cellar) Cinque Terre, where the course passes alongside the steel wine barrels and modern winemaking machinery for the production of Sciacchetra’.
– descent to Manarola, the second village of the Cinque Terre.
– another steep stairway, then single track through terraced vineyards and on to an old mule track bordered by olive groves, to the hamlet of Volastra and the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Health. This is the area with the highest concentration of cultivated vineyards, which best describes the Cinque Terre.
– from Volastra, a single track through the vineyards over the sea leads to Corniglia, the 3rd village of the Cinque Terre.
– from Corniglia the race follows the coastal “blue trail” through Vernazza, the 4th Cinque Terre village
– finally, on to the finish line of the SciaccheTrail in Monterosso al Mare, the 5th village.
All major Cinque Terre Park winemakers will contribute to the race presenting the very best of their wine production. And many will be the events running on during the race, as a Minitrail for families with children, food and wine tasting, a Pesto Party and a Photographc Workshop.
Registration is now open. Do not miss to be part of the BIG RACE this Spring!
For detailed info on the Race, please, visit the SciaccheTrail website or the Cinque Terre National Park website, that, along with sponsors and other partners is the great organizer of this magic event.
SciaccheTrail, The Race – Hikers Paradise, the big 2015 event for hikers and Nature lovers and a great way for visiting all Cinque Terre villages! 28 and 29 March, 2015…save the date!
Share with your friends: